1. A nonrefundable booking deposit of €125 per cottage per week is required to reserve accommodation with the exception of weekend rentals where the full amount is required. The balance of rental is payable 8 weeks before arrival. Confirmation of booking will be issued on receipt of deposit.
2. Notice of cancellation must be in writing. The following charges will then apply:-
Over 8 weeks before date of arrival Booking Deposit
8 - 4 weeks before date of arrival 50%
4 - 2 weeks before date of arrival 75%
Less than 2 weeks 100%
It is strongly advised that clients take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation charges.
3. Electricity and gas used for heating and light is an extra charge payable by the client to the Supervisor before departure. The charge is based on the individual meter reading and it is recommended that the cost per unit be checked at the outset.
4. The cottage must be left as it is found and the cost of repairs to or the replacement of property will be the responsibility of the client.
5. A security deposit from €100 per week of rental must be given to the Supervisor on arrival. This will be returned provided the supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions of rental have been complied with. In the event that the supervisor is unable to check the cottage at the clients departure, the security deposit will be forwarded within 7 days. Clients are expected to leave the cottage clean and tidy otherwise a charge of €35 will be made.
6. Rental of cottage may be terminated with no refund at the discretion of the Supervisor or any officer of the company if clients/occupiers behave in a disruptive manner, cause a nuisance or disturbance, cause damage to the property or in any other circumstance deemed reasonable by the Supervisor or any officer of the company.
7. On the expiry or termination of rental the Supervisor and or any officer of the company may remove all belongings of the client/occupiers of the cottage left in the cottage and store or otherwise deal with the same as deemed appropriate. Notwithstanding the aforesaid the sole risk in respect of such belongings shall at all times remain with the client/occupiers.
8. Possession of cottage must be taken between 16.00hrs and 18.00hrs and the cottage vacated by 10.00am on day of departure. It is recommended that clients telephone the Supervisor in advance to confirm exact time of arrival.
FAILURE TO NOTIFY ON-SITE SUPERVISOR OF LATE ARRIVAL COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF RESERVATION
9. The company is not responsible for any loss of valuables or property left in the cottage during the stay or on departure.
10. The Supervisor and or any officer of the company may at all reasonable times visit the cottage.
11. The number of persons stated on the reservation form may not be exceeded in any circumstance.
12. Dogs are not allowed in the cottage except with the express permission of the supervisor or an officer of the company. If permission is given and extra charge of €20 per dog is payable on site.
13. In the event of a complaint this must be made to the supervisor immediately and a complaint form completed if the client is not satisfied that the complaint has been satisfactorily dealt with. The complaint form must be forwarded to the company within 7 days.
14. In the event of breach of contract on the part of Rent an Irish Cottage howsoever arising, any loss or damage including consequential loss sustained by the renter shall be limited to the sum paid by the renter to Rent an Irish Cottage.
15. In the event that a client has a special requirement relating to a booking, this must be specified in writing at the time of booking. Not withstanding this the company does not guarantee such requirement will be facilitated.